Senior researcher in the Laboratory of Oxide Materials,
Institute of Physics of the CAS, Praha.
- 1982: Doctorate - University of Bordeaux, solid state chemistry,
(expertise: electrochemistry, solar energy conversion, photoelectrolysis of water).
- 1983: Engineer - Czech Technical University, faculty of electrotechnical engineering,
(expertise: technical cybernetics, regulation, measurement technique and material engineering,
cybernetics, measurement technology, metrology, automation of data acquisition and processing)
- 1988: PhD. Institute of Physics, University of Chemical Technology,
(expertise: material engineering - metallic oxides).
- ICMCB, 33608 Pessac, France
- Laboratoire CRISMAT, CNRS, Caen , France
- Unite de Physico-Chimie et de Physique des Materiaux, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium
- Joint Research Center for Atom Technology, Tsukuba and University of Kyoto, Dpt. Of Physics, Japan
- Faculty of Engineering, Iwate University, 4-3-5 Ueda, Morioka 020-8551, Japan
- Laboratoire de Physique des Matériaux (LPM), École Nationale Supérieure des Mines de Nancy, Parc de Saurupt F-54042 Nancy, France
- EMPA, dpt. Solid State Chemistry and Catalysis, Überlandstrasse 129, CH-8600 Dübendorf, Switzerland
complex transition metal oxides (3d, 4d group), magnetic semiconductors.
phenomena and experiment:
superconductivity, thermal and electric transport, crystal structure and charge carrier dynamics (specific heat), magnetism, crystal structure and phase transitions, electrical transport and magneto-transport (electrical resistivity, thermoelectric power), thermal transport and magneto-transport (thermal conductivity, specific heat), magnetic interactions and cooperative magnetism, weak ferromagnetism in semiconductors, thermoelectric conversion of energy.
Recent research activity:
material science of Mn and Co based complex oxides; Mn perovskites (materials with spin polarized carriers)- thermal and electric transport and magneto-transport, charge and orbital order, layered cobalt oxides (thermoelectric oxides); thermoelectric power and thermal conductivity, substituted cobalt perovskites; spin and charge state of cobalt, ferromagnetism in semiconductors.
Administration & pedagogy:
participation and management of international and Czech projects, special lectures "Metallic oxides" for graduate students (Czech Technical University)